The depfile.cut

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 4 02:42:39 UTC 2007

Adda,

    There are several ways to check files. One you use ESC-L command inside
the editor and the other is to run CLAN program "check" in Commands window.
Check tries to find the best version of depfile.cut based on the following
rules:

    1. Check looks in a current working directory, i.e button "working"
    2. Then check looks in a library directory, i.e. button "lib"
    3. There is also menu under "Edit->Set depfile"

To find out which depfile check uses you should run "check" program on any
data file and look for following line in "CLAN Output" window:

    depfile.cut being used from: "..."

The directory in "..." will tell you which depfile.cut is being used. If it
turns out that "check" is using the depfile.cut that you expect and you are
still having problems making it work, then please send us a copy of the
depfile.cut and a sample data file that is giving you problems. Also, let us
know which computer system you are using, i.e. Win2000, WinXP, Vista, Mac
Intel or Mac PowerPC. CLAN is designed to work native on each system and
thus some problems may only occur on one system and not on any others.
Giving us as much information as possible will make it that much more likely
that we will find and fix any problem.

Thanks,
Leonid.