Creating dependent tiers

Brian MacWhinney macw at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Nov 13 19:46:56 UTC 2019

Remei,
     For doing string replacements across many files at once, I strongly recommend use of either BBEdit on OSX or SublimeText on Windows.  These are programmers’ editors that allow you to specify regular expressions that can rapidly replace strings across large collections of files. The replacement functions in CLAN are more limited and are designed for use in single files.

Best,

-- Brian MacWhinney
Teresa Heinz Professor of Cognitive Psychology,
Computational Linguistics,
and Modern Languages, CMU