Mark a word as unnecessary

Nan Bernstein Ratner nratner at umd.edu
Wed Sep 15 20:08:49 UTC 2021

I agree with Brian's suggestions. The only other thing I would add is where
these extraneous words arise from - are they reformulations? Who are these
speakers? In this case, you might want to use revision markers. Or, if
circumlocutions, the disfluency prefix that Brian just supplied.

Nan Bernstein Ratner, F-, H-ASHA, F-AAAS, ABCLD
Professor
Hearing and Speech Sciences
University of Maryland
0100 Lefrak Hall
College Park, MD 20742
nratner at umd.edu, 301-405-4217   My Zoom <https://umd.zoom.us/j/7924324343>

Co-director: FluencyBank (www.fluency.talkbank.org);
http://languagefluency.umd.edu/

Immediate Past President, International Fluency Association (IFA;
http://theifa.org)
Director, University of Maryland Autism Research Consortium (UMARC),
www.autism.umd.edu
Faculty, Language Science (languagescience.umd.edu; Neuroscience &
Cognitive Neuroscience (NACS, nacs.umd.edu), Developmental Science Field
Committee

https://hesp.umd.edu/facultyprofile/bernstein-ratner/nan

My PubMed Bibliography
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/myncbi/1-UVaaDdREZ/bibliography/40436718/public/?sort=date&direction=ascending>