Having books for sale at the Workshop

Fri Jul 24 03:27:59 UTC 1998

At 08:11 PM 7/23/98 -0700, Liland Brajant ROS' wrote:
>Dave skribis:
>
>>I like Mike's idea of buying up some books and letting folks buy them =
at
>>the Workshop.
>
>At NOREK, the annual "Northwest [US/SW-Canada] Regional Esperanto=20
>Conference", we always have an auction, with the items to be auctioned=20
>contributed by the Esperantists of the region, and all monies thus =
raised=20
>applied to retire that year's NOREK's debts (if any) and provide a nest=20
>egg for the next one.  I'll bet auctioneer's patter in the Jargon can =
get=20
>purty intersting.

Sure would.  High-speed auction patter using ixt, moxt, sinamoxt, =
stotekin,
taghum, tukamonuk, etc. would be quite amazing.  "Kunjih mamook?" - "how
much to make [the deal happen?"  "Mahkook?  Huy-huy!"  (Do you want to =
buy?
 Sold?)  Makes me wonder what a trading post must have sounded like some
days.....

Later

Mike Cleven