How to learn CJ "back East" circa 1890

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at TELEPORT.COM
Wed Apr 28 22:41:02 UTC 1999

It's in the Multnomah County main branch, call stacks.

Pilling, James C., 1893, Bibliography of the Chinookan Languages,
Including Chinook Jargon, Bureau of American Ethnology Bulletin 15,
Washington.

 AUTHOR  Pilling, James Constantine, 1846-1895.

     TITLE  Bibliography of the Chinookan languages (including the
            Chinook jargon) by James Constantine Pilling.

 PUBLISHER  Washington, Gov't. Print. Off., 1893.

  DESCRIPT  xiii, 81 p. incl. facsims. 25 cm.

    SERIES  1) Smithsonian Institution. Bureau of Ethnology.
                [Bulletin, no. 15]
            2) Bulletin (Smithsonian Institution. Bureau of American
               Ethnology) ; no. 15.

   BIBLIOG  "Linguistic bibliographies issued by the Bureau of
            Ethnology": p. iii-iv.

  SUBJECTS  1) Chinookan languages -- Bibliography.

   DYNIX #  448713

P.S.  For the Americana/history buffs:  American Heritage has a Web
site now, and all but each month's feature articles are on-line.

http://www.americanheritage.com/past.htm

Regards,

Jeff