[Forwarded Message:] `Neo'-Darwinian Creolistics ...

Michel DeGraff degraff at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 16 21:03:07 UTC 2001

[To those of you who subscribe to the Internet List "CreoLIST", I apologize
in advance for duplicate copies when this message gets posted there...
I welcome your constructive comments.  Thanks!]

- ------- Forwarded Message

Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 00:00:29 -0400
From: Michel DeGraff <degraff at MIT.EDU>
To: CreoLIST <CreoLIST at ling.su.se>
Subject: `Neo'-Darwinian creolistics: A short debugging guide

Dear all,

Some of you may be interested in the paper I presented last month in
Coimbra at SPCL-cum-ACBLPE.

The title of the paper is

  `Neo'-Darwinian creolistics: A short debugging guide.

A (slightly revised) version in PDF format (335,958 bytes, 24 pages) for
Acrobat Reader is downloadable at:

  http://web.mit.edu/linguistics/www/degraff/coimbra-rev.pdf

For those who are _really_ interested, there's a longer version also in PDF
format (766,175 bytes, 94 pages) at:

  http://web.mit.edu/linguistics/www/degraff/anti-simplest.pdf

These papers explore inter alia the hypothesis raised many times on
CreoLIST and elsewhere---throughout the past couple of centuries in all
sorts of sociohistorical contexts---that Creoles are simple(st) languages.

[...]

Happy Summer to all,

                                 -michel.
MIT Linguistics & Philosophy, 77 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge MA 02139-4307
degraff at MIT.EDU        http://web.mit.edu/linguistics/www/degraff.home.html

- ------- End of Forwarded Message

P.S.  For those of you who prefer postscript files, you can download:

  http://web.mit.edu/linguistics/www/degraff/coimbra-rev.ps     (short)

  http://web.mit.edu/linguistics/www/degraff/anti-simplest.ps   (long)

On some machines, poscript files are easier and prettier to print than PDF.

If all fails, I'll be glad to send hardcopies.

Thanks!