How to say 'Canim Lake' in English

Bernard Schulmann bernard at SHAMA.CA
Fri Jul 9 23:49:29 UTC 2004

the Kamloops pronuciation being sah-HA-lee, but then in the southern
interior we say:

SA-va-na for Savona

pronouce the ch in Chasm

But now as to Canim - this is also a Secwepemc and St'at'imc word that
is pronouced KAN-im.    Kanim meaning (if I remember correctly, but do
not quote me on this one) what's up, or how's it going.