Potatoes Illahee

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Mon Aug 22 20:16:31 UTC 2005

I've meant to mention something I saw on my recent trip in southern
Interior BC.  When you drive from Spence's Bridge on the road that's NE
(?) of town going to Merritt, you pass a reserve where one road is signed
something like "Potatoeillshe".  This has to be the "Potatoes Illahee"
or "Potato Gardens" band that Teit mentioned sometimes.  The misspelling
of the CW name seems to have become enshrined in government records.

--Dave