Chee wa

Yakima Belle yakimabelle at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 17 04:41:15 UTC 2005

The other day after a long drive where my husband had
been listening to the Pasco tapes he got angry about
someone, and referred to the gent as a d!-kwatl.

I looked at him for a moment, and asked him if he
realized what he had just said - another English
influenced word joins the Wawa. B^)

(I don't mean to offend anyone with that, but the
obvious derivation was from "dickwad.")

Around here we find ourselves coming up with terms to
cover the daily grind. Donkeys are now "Big Ears" or
"rabbit mules."

But I'm with F - I'd like to see the words for wall,
floor, ceiling, roof, stuff like that. It gets tough
trying to carry on a conversation without them - for
example, our house in California is being resided -
and how do you even begin to talk about that?

I swear I seen a twelve-foot-high hump-shouldered elk
with no antlers and swan neck - 19th C. miner, quoted
in "Lonesome Dromedary", The Big Book of the Weird Wild
West, Paradox Press, 1998.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail