/wamusmuski/ in Upper Chehalis (Q'way'ay'ilhq')

hzenk at PDX.EDU hzenk at PDX.EDU
Mon Aug 7 18:50:03 UTC 2006

> Stretching my command of Chinookan beyond the limit, I'd guess that a
> female cow might be wa-musmus-gi[...].

The one thing I can say with some confidence here is that wa- is indeed one of
the forms of the Kiksht feminine singular (there is also a-, and a parallel
situation with the masculine singular, which has both i- and wi-).  I sort of
recall that Kinkade found the -ki a mystery.  Maybe Rob Moore could shed some
light on this.  Henry