Herrick, "Winter Rules"

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Tue Aug 8 04:59:47 UTC 2006

I've heard of this book before, but don't find mention of it in our
archives.  Apparently it contains selections in Chinook Jargon.

"Winter Rules: A Commonplace Book
By George Gardner Herrick
(International Scholars Publications 1997)

Commonplace books begin as a need to remember what one has read or seen or
heard. Herrick is the collector of the unusual; he is intrigued by the
passing show and enjoys transmitting his discoveries to the reader but
without vulgar fanfare."

---Dave R