Sampson, "Indians of Skagit County"

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Mon Aug 14 08:35:47 UTC 2006

Tlahowiam kanewe tlaksta ! (this is Demers style)

David Robertson <ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU> wrote:  ...
It's no coincidence that only in unpublished sources do you find certain
English-derived Jargon terms, like "shit lamachin" for a laxative, which is
in Father Edward Griva's manuscript dictionary.

--Dave

To respond to the CHINOOK list, click 'REPLY ALL'. To respond privately to the sender of a message, click 'REPLY'. Hayu masi!
  But such words appear also in Demers/Blanchet/StOnge (http://www.canadiana.org/ECO/mtq?doc=04222) on page 19:
  Shit, excrement, manure,
  Shit inpu, nit
  Shit hows, water closet
  Shit lametsin, aperient (the same as Griva's "shit lamachin")

I apologize for quoting such words, but this is language too

  Francisc