"Kloshe Kahkwa" as mistake-name of author?

Jeffrey Kopp jeffreykopp at ATT.NET
Tue Dec 12 00:47:25 UTC 2006

At 01:23 PM 12/11/06, you wrote:
>I wonder if any of you can help me track this down.
>
>I seem to remember the author of one Chinook Jargon dictionary being mis-
>cataloged in some local library databases as "Kahkwa, Kloshe".
>
>This is due to misunderstanding the final line of the Lord's Prayer in
>Chinook, reproduced in that dictionary, as the author's name.
>
>But I can't seem to rediscover now which author that is.

Must be one of the Hibbens, as they appeared without author attribution, and generally followed Gibbs (which ended with the LP in CJ; see p. 32 of Marv's copy at http://www.1st-hand-history.org/Hibben/ALBUM2.HTML

I would think searching your local library databases for author: Kahkwa should bring up the mistake again.

I'm not finding it in GVPL, UBC, UVic, VPL or WorldCat.