La Creole in Oregon

Dave Robertson ddr11 at UVIC.CA
Fri Jun 8 15:38:37 UTC 2007

Kind of tangential, but I know some will be interested:

Place-Name Notes from the "Oregon Spectator" (in Names and Places)
Randall V. Mills
Western Folklore, Vol. 9, No. 1. (Jan., 1950), pp. 60-63.

Contains an authoritative explanation of the place name now spelled
Rickreall: It was La Creole, tracing back to the earliest French-Canadian
settlers.

I've seen a spelling variant "La Creol" in someone's book; Kennedy?  I'll
look for it.

--Dave R