[Corpora-List] Sublanguage/controlled language

Victoria López victoria_lopez at terra.es
Wed Oct 29 16:10:57 UTC 2003

Dear List Members,

I'm a Ph.D. student and I am studing sublanguages. I consider that weather reports is a clear example of sublanguage. In all the bibliography I have consulted, they have all the features to be considered a sublanguage.

But some researchers told me that they would consider weather reports as being more a controlled language than a sublanguage because the writer is not free in his word choice and he has to follow a rigid style sheet.

I'd really like to know your opinions about this. Sorry if this is a very obvious question, but it's important for my research.

Thank you very much for your help.

Victoria López