[Corpora-List] Python Benchmarks Using Lots of Memory

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Fri Nov 12 17:52:02 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I'm a computer science PhD student at the University of Düsseldorf
working on improving the memory behavior (and also performance) of a
Python implementation [1]. For that reason I am looking for "real-world"
Python programs that consume a lot of memory when running (around 50MB
RAM or above) and ideally do a lot of string manipulations. Possible
examples could be corpus analysis tools like concordances or
n-gram/collocation analyzers.

So if you have written such a Python program or script and want to send
it to me, I would be very grateful (and would treat them confidentially
if you wish). The benefit for you would be that future Python
implementations might become optimized for precisely your use case :-).

Thanks a lot and best wishes,

Carl Friedrich Bolz

[1] http://pypy.org

--