[Corpora-List] LaTeX for alignment visualization

Joerg Tiedemann jorg.tiedemann at lingfil.uu.se
Wed Sep 29 12:53:51 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I was wondering what kind of LaTeX packages/macros people use in their
papers for visualizing word & phrase alignments. I'm looking for
simple ways of producing nice-looking pictures for several types of
alignments and alignment problems. I need both types, links as lines
between words in parallel sentences and matrix-based alignment
visualization (with boxes for aligned phrases).

So far I used eclbip for the line-based style but I just realized that
the package is obsolete (and the pictures are not very clean either)
and I don't know if there is a replacement with a similar simple
interface for bipartite graphs somewhere. I know that there are
several packages for graphs but I liked the simplistic way of
specifying links with the eclbip package. For the matrix-based style I
don't know at all especially when including phrase alignment boxes.
Anything that does not force me to draw pictures by hand or to mess
around with pstricks or something similar would help me a lot.

Thanks in advance for any links!

Jörg