[Corpora-List] EmoText - Software for opinion mining and lexical affect sensing

Alexander Osherenko osherenko at gmx.de
Mon Dec 19 14:43:27 UTC 2011

I published a more comprehensive version of the statistical engine that
additionally considers the BNC frequency list. The reason why I didn't do
it previously : the BNC processing needs more computational power and is
therefore slower. However, in the current version processing is slower but
actually OK.

Hence, I process three sources of lexical features: the corpus frequency
list, BNC, Whissell's DAL. In the PhD thesis, I had additionally three
lemmatized lists but the performance was not much better that's why I don't
consider them in the current demo version. Stylistic difference: the
frequency list is possibly tailored to the corpus and therefore only
appropriate for opinion mining in this only corpus, the BNC frequency list
is general, DAL contains emotion words. In my opinion, this demo version is
beneficial for answering the question we discussed previously in this
mailing list about the types of features and differences in votes.

The link: www.socioware.de/EmoTextDemoWithBNC