[Corpora-List] Managing texts and their edition history ...

Yannick Versley yversley at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 11:11:46 UTC 2011

> > In order to minimize potential merge conflicts, keep each line to a
> minimal length (say 80 characters) and do not realign the paragraph in the
> document while editing.  This serves to keep lines reasonably atomic.

If you want to avoid the document locking that wikis normally use in favor
of
a closer, more interactive style of collaborative editing, you may want to
look at mobwrite:
http://code.google.com/p/google-mobwrite/
MobWrite uses a real-time diff algorithm to diff and merge changes from
multiple users
while everyone is editing (similar to the collaborative Mac editor
SubEthaEdit). As far
as I remember, the server code of MobWrite is quite hacking-friendly and
could be
extended to do additional things.
Google translate's "suggest a better translation" feature works by letting
you edit the
translation for one particular sentence.

Best,
Yannick Versley
<http://code.google.com/p/google-mobwrite/>