[Corpora-List] Second Call for Participation: Corpus Linguistics 2013

Potts, Amanda a.potts at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed May 22 10:50:29 UTC 2013

The seventh international ** Corpus Linguistics ** conference (CL2013) will be held at Lancaster University from Tuesday 23rd July 2013 to Friday 26th July 2013. The main conference will be preceded by a workshop day on Monday 22nd July.

We are pleased to issue our second official call for participation, which includes an announcement of draft programmes for papers and posters at the main conference, as well as updated details on the pre-conference workshops. Information about registration and reduced-rate on-campus bed and breakfast accommodation can be found below.

************
WORKSHOP DAY
************

We invite registration for the pre-conference workshop day. You can register for the workshop day either in addition to or separately from the main conference. A reduced registration fee for postgraduate students is available.

Participants have the choice of the following CL2013 workshops:

* Full day: Corpus-Based Approaches to Figurative Language
* Full day: Workshop on Arabic Corpus Linguistics
* Full day: Web as Corpus Workshop
* Full day: A Fully-annotated Pragmatic Corpus - the SPICE-Ireland Corpus
* Full day: Annotating Correspondence Corpora
* Two half-day sessions:
     * Compiling and Analysing a Spoken Academic Corpus (morning) and/or
     * Corpus Analysis with Noise in the Signal (afternoon)

Updated programmes and provisional timetables for each of the workshop are now available - see http://ucrel.lancs.ac.uk/cl2013/workshops.php .

***************
MAIN CONFERENCE
***************

The main conference will run over four days, and will include plenary lectures from Karin Aijmer, Guy Cook, Michael Hoey, and Ute Römer.

A draft programme for the full event (including titles of all papers and posters) is now available at http://ucrel.lancs.ac.uk/cl2013/programme.php .

Participants are invited to register for the full conference. It is also possible to register for a single day (or days) of the conference. Reduced postgraduate rates are available.

Registration closes on 30 June 2013.

Reduced-rate on-campus bed and breakfast accommodation can also be booked via the same registration form.

We look forward to welcoming you to Lancaster!

Amanda Potts, Andrew Hardie, Tony McEnery, and Paul Rayson
The CL2013 Organising Committee

http://ucrel.lancs.ac.uk/cl2013
cl2013 at lancaster.ac.uk