[Corpora-List] Chinese spelling bakeoff

Lung-Hao Lee lunghaolee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:34:23 UTC 2014

Thanks for your comments.

The incorrect characters are visually and/or phonologically similar. Please
take the following real errors for more understanding.
(1) "一身"(ㄕㄣ incorrect pronunciation) should be " 一生" (ㄕㄥ).
(2) "一只"(ㄓˇ third tone) should be "一直"(ㄓˊ second tone).
(3)  "觀心"(ㄍㄨㄢ. correct pronunciation, but incorrect character) should be
"關心"
(4) "無會"(ㄨˊ second tone) should be "舞會"(ㄨˇ third tone).
(5) " 一落千仗" (an Chinese idiom, correct pronunciation, but incorrect
character) should be "ㄧ落千丈"
(6) "聰是" (ㄘㄨㄥ  ㄕˋ without this word, similar pronunciation and character)
should be "總數" (ㄗㄨㄥˇ  ㄕㄨˋ).

Best,
Lung-Hao