FW: Contesting/Contested Memories: The Holocaust in the Twenty-First Century

Wodak, Ruth r.wodak at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Nov 24 10:14:42 UTC 2011

FYI
From: O'Neill, Ghislaine

Would you please forward this conference information to your staff and students:

The Dynamics of Memories Research Group will be hosting a conference at Lancaster University next February. The title of the conference is 'Contesting/Contested Memories: The Holocaust in the Twenty-First Century'. I attach the flier and any staff or post-grads who wish to attend are more than welcome. Please could you register with me before 9 January 2012. (o.wilkinson at lancaster.ac.uk<mailto:o.wilkinson at lancaster.ac.uk>)

In addition there will be an opportunity for post-graduate students to be involved in the conference. The format is yet to be finalised but it is envisaged that there will be a session for postgraduates to give a short (10 minute) presentation on an aspect of their research relevant to the conference theme. As well as contributing to this international conference postgraduates will get the opportunity for feedback on their work/ideas from the panel of speakers and participants. If any postgraduates are interested in giving a paper then could you get back to me and let me know a proposed title (preferably by 1 December).

Should anyone want any further details then please feel free to email me or come and have a chat (Bowland, B22). You can also contact Prof. Mercedes Camino (Bowland, B151).

Sorry for any cross-posting.

Regards

Oliver Wilkinson
Assistant to the Dynamics of Memories Research Group
Lancaster University