Introduction

Aileen Han hanaileen at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 16 08:21:10 UTC 1999

Hello,

I'm Aileen Han and I'm a Master of Arts (Applied Linguistics) student in
Malaysia. I'm currently taking a course in Discourse Analysis and am
looking into Martin Luther King's 'I Have A Dream' speech in fulfillment
of a paper I have to present. The theme is Language, Power and Ideology
and basically, I'm focusing on the linguistic devices. Anyone has any
comments?

Although I'm not a discourse major nor is my thesis related to it, I
find the subject area interesting. I hope to do my PhD after my MA so, I
may want to identufy a topic within this field. This mailing list seems
promosing!

Well, hope to hear from all of you. Take care.

Aileen Han
Master of Arts (Applied Linguistics)
Malaysia