Introduction

Michael Francis Morrison Iv mmorriso at HAWAII.EDU
Fri Jan 22 21:35:29 UTC 1999

Hello everyone,

My name is Mike Morrison, and I'm taking an introduction to discourse
studies at the University of Hawaii.  The texts we are using for the
course are :

Renkema, Jan. 1993. Discourse studies : an introductory textbook.
and
Duchan, Judith, Bruder, Gail, and Lynne Hewitt (eds.). 1995. Deixis in
narrative: A cognitive science perspective.

I'm planning on analyzing some writing translated from Borges.
I hope to learn alot from the rest of you on the list.