Introduction

Helge Niska Helge.Niska at TOLK.SU.SE
Mon Mar 8 10:34:17 UTC 1999

Hello,
I just joined the list. I am Helge Niska, at present working in a
research project at the Department of Finnish, Stockholm
University, Sweden, on simultaneous interpreting from a text
linguistic point of view. I am just finishing a report on the use of text-
linguistic models like Kintsch & van Dijk's macrostructural model,
and Chernov's and Alexieva's more cognition-based models for the
study of interpreting. Since my background is in community
interpreting, I have also written about various aspects of that
special area, e.g. aptitude testing and ethical matters. I give
courses in the theory of interpreting, theory and methodology of
terminology, and information techology for translators and
interpreters. I am the founding father of the LANTRA-L mailing list
on translation and interpreting. Some of my papers are available on
my home page. I am looking forward to interesting discussions on
this list.

Helge Niska <mailto:Helge.Niska at tolk.su.se> <http://lisa.tolk.su.se/defhelge.html>
Tolk- och översättarinstitutet/Institute for Interpretation and Translation Studies,
Stockholms universitet, S-106 91 Stockholm. Tel. +46 8 162000. Fax 161396.