Introduction

Earl & Deanna pomo at FROGNET.NET
Wed Mar 10 03:33:16 UTC 1999

Hi all!

I am spending a year out of school before continuing into a PhD program.
I have been taking classes to broaden my background, currently a class
on Foucault. My undergraduate degrees are in English, History and
Philosophy. My work tends to be inter/multidisciplinary, which means I
often run into variations on definitions, such as discourse.

I concentrate on theory, popular culture, and 20th C
literature/culture,etc. I am involved in feminist/gender studies, and in
particular the ways that other areas of thought intersect with it,
namely postcolonial and poststructural thought. My other main interest,
which includes to a great degree all of the above, is pedagogical
theory.

I look forward to learning a lot through discussion here, and if I can
offer anything in return, I'll be happy to do so.

Earl Messer
Ohio University