Bibliography Political discourse analysis

Teun A. van Dijk teun at HUM.UVA.NL
Wed Dec 5 08:44:10 UTC 2001

Hi Lahsen, and others interested in political discourse analysis:

Some weeks ago I posted an updated bibliography on political discourse
analysis on my website (to limit its length it only has references to
books). I remodeled the website in such a way that all bibliographies
are now together (under Resources for Discourse Studies). I would very
much welcome any suggestions to complete the bibliography on political
discourse analysis -- or any other bibliography I have posted.

The paper "What is political discourse analysis?" is no longer on my
website because it has been published in the book on language and
politics published by Blommaert & Bulcaen. Not only publishers generally
prohibit (nowadays also in contracts) simultaneous publication on one's
website of articles they have published, but this would also hurt the
sales of the books of our own colleagues. I would (of course) love to
have all my papers available on my website (since I strongly believe in
the necessity to share one's work as widely as possible), especially
also for students and for colleagues in countries that have less access
to (expensive) books, but I am able to do so only for articles that are
not yet or no longer in print. If I would put all my articles on my
web-site, no one would want to publish them in books. I am sorry. Also,
I unfortunately lack the time and the resources to make xeroxes
available of my papers to anyone who needs them. You'll have to ask a
friend who does have access to the relevant books.

Let me take the opportunity to mention the recent publication of a
useful book on CDA, especially also for students: Ruth Wodak & Michael
Meyer (Eds.), Methods of Critical Discourse Analysis. London: Sage,
2001. In this book some scholars in critical discourse analysis explain
(with concrete examples) how they do CDA.

Best wishes

Teun

------

Teun A. van Dijk