The medium and the message (was: on viruses)

LMF lfontaine at TEASER.FR
Fri Feb 1 09:40:02 UTC 2002

Greetings to all,

I agree about the medium being an important part of the message. And I also share concerns about attached files.

>What do List members and
>Owners think of banning attachments as part of the List's policy?

I think that attachments should be banned from all lists.  I wonder if there isn't another solution, I'm not sure about what options Listserv has but we could create a group (relatively hassle free) with yahoo.groups, not to replace this one, but as a means for people to post files, an announcement of the new file could then be posted here to all members and those who want to access the file can do so through the members page using their web browser.  If such an option is acceptable to the group and in the absence of other volunteers, I would be willing to set this up. In other words, this list could continue as ever but without any attachments, and when someone wants to share a file with members, it would be done via the web through yahoogroups (or some other web-based group server).

just a thought,

Lise