The medium and the message (was: on viruses)

isa 786isa at OMANTEL.NET.OM
Fri Feb 1 12:20:08 UTC 2002

LMF wrote:

> Greetings to all,
>
> I agree about the medium being an important part of the message. And I also share concerns about attached files.
>
> >What do List members and
> >Owners think of banning attachments as part of the List's policy?
>
> I think that attachments should be banned from all lists.  I wonder if there isn't another solution, I'm not sure about what options Listserv has but we could create a group (relatively hassle free) with yahoo.groups, not to replace this one, but as a means for people to post files, an announcement of the new file could then be posted here to all members and those who want to access the file can do so through the members page using their web browser.  If such an option is acceptable

As far as I know, that is already an option at yahoogroups. Documents and such can be already archived, and that can be set up by the list owner.

Isa Kocher
Sohar University

--
copyright c.kocher 2002