[EDLING:795] Re: looking for article(s)

Masa Suzuki msuzuki at ORDINATE.COM
Thu May 5 01:40:32 UTC 2005

Manka,

What you might be looking for is the following article:
Long, M. and Porter, P., (1985). Group work, interlanguage talk and
classroom second language acquisition. TESOL Quarterly, 19, 2, pp. 207-
228.

Hope this is it.
masa

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-edling at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
[mailto:owner-edling at ccat.sas.upenn.edu] On Behalf Of M van Naerssen
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 5:34 PM
To: edling at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Subject: [EDLING:794] Re: looking for article(s)

Manka,
Hi--isn't a piece of this who the learner's peers are?  The research on
influence of peers showed that it is stronger than that of the teacher.
don't have time to look it up, but maybe in Gass and Selinker in the
affective or socio-cultural sections.

Not all of the puzzle but there has to be some exposure, some input,
for
the learners to begin hypothesizing about.

Just a quick thought.
Margaret
sounds like there have been parental complaints and supervisors/
superintendents may be looking for an excuse to get rid of someone or at

least some way of dealing with parental complaints.

----- Ori
ginal Message -----