[EDLING:972] Re: Education in English

david powell dfpowell at TALK21.COM
Mon Sep 12 14:30:03 UTC 2005

The School District of Philadelphia is considering providing ESL classes for parents through the YMCA Language and Technology Center (Pending Funding). The problem had been parents not attending Parent/Teacher Conferences, for lack of English skills. Those who attended often had their children translate, making what was actually translated suspect.
Ironically, ESL students had the fewest academic and classroom behavior issues (from my experience as a teacher).