regarding the Centre for Literacy and Multilingualism at The University Reading

Anne Reath Warren anne.reath.warren at isd.su.se
Tue Jan 14 02:42:09 UTC 2014

Hello!

In response to an email I received about the Centre for Literacy and Multilingualism at the University of Reading, I wanted to let you know about my current PhD studies.

I am an Australian/Swedish citizen conducting ethnographically-inspired case studies into mother tongue tuition in Australia and Sweden. During 2012 I completed my field work in Swedish mother tongue tuition classrooms and am now in Australia, doing field work in community language schools. I have attached a brief description of my research topic.

I'll be presenting at AILA (Brisbane) 2014, along with several of my colleagues from Stockholm University who are also researching multilingual contexts in Swedish schools (CLIL - Eng/Swe; subject comprehension in multilingual students; organisation of new (multilingual) arrivals in the Swedish school system; experiences of teachers with foreign teaching qualifications in the Swedish school system). Is anyone from the Centre going to be at AILA?

I am interested in following the work and research centre undertakes, so if there is a mailing list I can join which keeps me up-to-date I would very much like to be added to it!

Best wishes.
Anne

Anne Reath Warren
Doctorand/Doctoral Student

Institutionen för språkdidaktik/Department of Language Education

Stockholm University
SE-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Doing fieldwork in Australia Jan 2013-Aug 2014

Mobile: +61 (0) 434 029675

E-mail: anne.reath.warren at isd.su.se<mailto:anne.reath.warren at isd.su.se>

Skype user name: areathw

www.isd.su.se<http://www.isd.su.se/>