[Edling] Call for Papers, 1st Annual Language Policy Forum, Sheffield Hallam University, 31 May - 1 June 2018

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Wed Oct 18 15:50:53 UTC 2017

We are delighted to invite you to the Language Policy Forum 2018, taking place on
Thursday 31 May and Friday 1 June 2018, at Sheffield Hallam University.

The two-day conference forms part of our recently launched BAAL Language Policy
special interest group (www.langpol.ac.uk), and our theme will be 'Language policy in
the age of diversity: Dilemmas and hopes'. Our plenary speakers will be Prof. Marilyn
Martin-Jones (University of Birmingham) and Prof. Tony Liddicoat (University of Warwick).

This is a low-fee conference (no fee at all for a range of people with limited
means), aiming for maximum inclusivity. For more information on the conference,
including venue, registration, and fees, please visit
http://www.langpol.ac.uk/view/langpol/events/2018-lpforum.

We look forward to discussing language policy with you in Sheffield. And please pass
this on widely in your own networks and to anyone you think may be interested!

All the best,
Dave (on behalf of the committee)

--
Dr. Dave Sayers, ORCID no. 0000-0003-1124-7132
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University | www.shu.ac.uk