[Edling] FSMLE @OSU Open House!

Troyan, Francis J. via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Wed Nov 11 13:08:27 UTC 2020

The faculty in Foreign, Second and Multilingual Language Education (FSMLE) at The Ohio State University invite you to FSMLE @OSU Open House! We will host this event on Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 8am Eastern Time in the United States. We hope that you will be able to join us to learn about our program and to meet our graduate program faculty!

FSMLE @OSU Open House!
Time: Nov 17, 2020 08:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Please Register IN ADVANCE Here:
https://osu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwldO-grj8jGNRKRwEOegsBVP16jbjXMIqx

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

The PhD in Foreign, Second and Multilingual Language Education (FSMLE) is a research-intensive program for students interested in applied linguistics, bilingual education, TESOL, and world language education. Students from around the world choose our program because of its long and prestigious history and the opportunity to learn from faculty who have extensive international experience, expertise and achievements. The high-quality mentoring students receive prepares them to become world-class scholars and academic leaders in countries across the globe. Program faculty include Alan Hirvela, Leslie Moore, Peter Sayer, Youngjoo Yi, and Francis Troyan.

Areas of Specialization in the FSMLE include bilingual education, conversation analysis, classroom discourse, translanguaging, sociolinguistics, multimodality, foreign and second language writing, writing teacher expertise; language ideologies, language teacher education, language assessment, and systemic functional linguistics.

The Ohio State University (Ohio State) is a top 20 public research land-grant university and the state’s flagship. The program in FSMLE is housed in the Department of Teaching and Learning, which consists of 38 tenure-track faculty and 39 full-time staff members. Our prominent and diverse programmatic offerings include: Adolescent, Post-Secondary and Community Literacies; Foreign, Second and Multilingual Language Education; Literature for Children and Young Adults; Multi-Cultural and Equity Studies in Education; STEM Education and others, the department is uniquely positioned to positively influence the human condition through its boundary-spanning entities and world-class faculty.

One of the three departments of the College of Education and Human Ecology, which has, since its founding in 1895, purposefully leveraged its unique combination of strengths to address social, educational, health and consumer needs in a comprehensive and transformational approach. EHE prepares professionals and leaders for action in the lab, the classroom, in business, and the community. EHE’s mission is to resolve pressing educational, health and wellness, and social needs locally, statewide, and beyond. EHE’s core values include Excellence, Justice, Innovation, and Internationalization.

[The Ohio State University]
Francis John Troyan, PhD
Associate Professor of World Language Education
College of Education and Human Ecology
Department of Teaching and Learning
Arps Hall, 1945 N. High Street, Columbus, OH 43210
troyan.14 at osu.edu
Visit My Page<https://ehe.osu.edu/directory?id=troyan.14>

Recent Publications:

Genre in World Language Education<https://www.routledge.com/Genre-in-World-Language-Education-Contextualized-Assessment-and-Learning/Troyan/p/book/9780367336516>