[Edling] Call for Proposals: TESOL Research Directions 2024

Jessie Curtis via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Tue Jun 20 13:16:16 UTC 2023

The TESOL Research Professional Council (RPC) invites research in methods for teaching English in rapidly changing contexts for TESOL.  Contexts are being reshaped by education policies (such as a trend toward lowering the age to begin instruction in English and toward EMI in higher education), challenges (such as teacher shortages), and take into account colonial/historical relationships to English teaching.  We welcome proposals through July 15th to be included in the RPC's Research Directions Panel at the TESOL Convention in March 2024. Details are included in the attached CFP.

With thanks,

Jessie H. Curtis, Ph.D.

TESOL Research Professional Council Past Chair

Part Time Faculty

Rutgers English Language Institute

School of Arts & Sciences, Rutgers New Brunswick
Past Chair, TESOL Research Professional Council<https://www.tesol.org/advance-the-field/research>

Read my work here https://rutgers.academia.edu/JCurtis, and on Research Gate, and here, Preparing Teachers to Work with Multilingual Learners<https://www.multilingual-matters.com/page/detail/Preparing-Teachers-to-Work-with-Multilingual-Learners/?k=9781788926096>

[cid:5ba2230b-dae9-42b1-9bb4-0a35e5a8fd00]