timing of multiple responses in E-Prime

Michael Worden miw2004 at med.cornell.edu
Thu Jan 17 17:39:13 UTC 2002

(I tried to send this yesterday but it didn't show up for some reason...)

This is quite simple to do with e-prime.  You just need a list that
calls a single procedure and that exits after a predetermined amount
of time (or number of taps if you like).  The procedure needs a
single object (TextDisplay or whatever) that takes a response and
terminates.  That's it.  Every time the subject taps a new row will
be created in the data file.  To find the interval between taps
simply take the .rttime value for one tap and subtract from it the
.rttime value for the previous tap.

I put together a simple example and you may ftp it from
sacklerinstitute.org as /pub/tap.es. (
ftp://sacklerinstitute.org/pub/tap.es )  This was written with beta5
SP2.  If you convert to v1.0 double check that the input action of
the tap object is set to terminate, the max count (under Advanced) is
set to 1 and the allowable input is set to whatever key you want to
tap.  I believe that Jennifer had some trouble with some of these
values being reset incorrectly.

Good luck,
Michael

--
__
Michael Worden, PhD                miw2004 at med.cornell.edu
Sackler Institute for Developmental Psychobiology, Box 140
1300 York Ave., NY, NY 10021             Tel: 212 746-5830
http://www.sacklerinstitute.org