query

Roy Allen roy.allen at abdn.ac.uk
Mon Jul 15 08:18:16 UTC 2002

I'm trying to devise an experiment where, during the study phase, participants see a
random selection of 12 of 15 pictorial stimuli from each of 27 blocks. Each set of 12 is
presented, one after the other, before the next set of 12 and so on.
The problem arises during the test phase when I want to present them with the 3
remaining stimuli plus 3 randomly selected stimuli that they have already seen from
each block. This time the presentation should be entirely random, rather than in sets
of 6.
How do I get E-Prime to "actively" remember what has and hasn't been shown during
the study phase, and how do I set up the test phase?
Hope that makes sense and thanks in anticipation.Roy Allen
Cognitive Electrophysiology and Memory Laboratory
Department of Psychology
University of Aberdeen
AB24 2UB
email: roy.allen at abdn.ac.uk