measuring RT at offset of button press

James T. Myers lngmyers at ccunix.ccu.edu.tw
Fri Oct 25 06:15:20 UTC 2002

I would like to measure the time between the onset of a visual display and
the OFFSET of a button press.  Specifically, I plan to have sign language
signers begin each trial with their hands on the button box or keyboard,
and then lift their hands to initiate signing when a visual stimulus is
displayed -- a kind of sign-language naming task.  There doesn't seem to
be anything built-in in E-Prime to make this easy to do, and I didn't see
the relevant E-Basic command either.  I know that keyboards at rest send a
"rest" signal whose onset can be detected when a key is no longer pressed,
so it should be doable.  Any tips?

James Myers
Graduate Institute of Linguistics
National Chung Cheng University