placing markers in wav files?

Carol Anne Miller cam47 at psu.edu
Wed Jul 9 15:43:40 UTC 2003

Hi, I am a novice Eprime user, although I have been lurking on this mailing
list for some time.  I haven't found an answer to my question in the
documentation, website, or the archives of the mailing list, so I hope
someone out there can help.

I am collecting response times to sound files.  In the experiment I am
working on, the subjects' task is to listen to a sentence and press one
button if it is grammatically correct, and another button if it is
incorrect (I'm using the PST Serial Response Box).  I have this experiment
working all right, but I would like to refine it:  I would like to measure
the RT from the onset of a crucial word in the sentence, rather than from
the onset of the sound file.  Is there a way to either a) place a marker in
the sound file that will tell Eprime to start measuring RT?  or b) tell
Eprime to start measuring RT at a certain point , i.e., file onset + xxx
ms?  The crucial point is different for each sentence.

It's not essential to do this, but it would be nice.

If anyone can direct me to an appropriate resource, or has a solution to
this problem, please let me know.
Thank you!!
Carol

Carol Miller, Ph.D.
Dept. of Communication Sciences & Disorders
Penn State University
115-B Moore Building
(814) 865-6213
cam47 at psu.edu