Voice recognition and timing

Andrews, A.S. asa8 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Jul 24 13:19:51 UTC 2003

Dear all,

I need to play a series of words and have subjects repeat them. I need to record the accuracy and timing of each repeated word.

I often do this sort of thing one word at a time using a voice key (its easy to note manually if correct or not).

As this will be a sequence of words I think I need to go with voice recognition (there will be huge amounts of data, too much to post-process). I need to know what the responses are and the timing of them.

Can anyone recommend any s/w for this, and/or a way of doing it through e-prime? I understand ViaVoice can time-stamp but I need much better than 1 second accuracy.

Best Regards,

Tony Andrews
Senior Computer Officer
School of Psychology