clips/crackles while playing .wav files

Eddie Dubourg eddie at ling.ed.ac.uk
Wed Nov 24 09:20:38 UTC 2004

You can get a very noticeable thump/pop from a sound file if the waveform
isn't precisely on the x-axis at the start of the file.  Cool Edit (now
Adobe Audition) has a button that zero adjusts sound selections to avoid
this.

Eddie Dubourg
Computing/Technical Support Officer
Theoretical and Applied Linguistics