E-prime in Japan

Hirokata Fukushima fukush9 at dolphin.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed Jan 18 16:02:29 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm a Japanese student using E-prime, I know a tip to display Japanse
fonts with a TextDisplay object.
My suggestion is to implement text stimuli directly in the EBS file.

Your .ebs file should have a line to 'InitTextDisplayDefaults' as below:

theTextDisplay.FontName = "..."

Change the font name ("...") into the one which can handle Japanese
characters.

Then you can write in Japanese the content of each TextDisplay object,
e.g.;
TextDisplay1.Text = "...(in Japanese)..."

That's it.
Now you can run the script.
Does it work?

Hiro

# Still, it's a lot of work when you have a large number of item to
  display. I think most Japanese users don't take this way, instead
  use the  ImageDisplay to present Japanese words, as Eddie discribed.

Hirokata FUKUSHIMA
Dept. of General Systems Studies, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences,
Univ. of Tokyo
c/o Prof. Kazuo Hiraki
3-8-1 Komaba, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-8902, JAPAN
Tel: +81-3-5454-4529
Fax: +81-3-5454-4513
E-Mail: fukush9 at dolphin.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp