Continuous sound during Go/No-Go task

Lauren Killeen lak286 at psu.edu
Fri Jul 14 20:02:41 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to add a continuous sound file to a Go/No-Go
E-Prime task in which participants are instructed to hit a button each time
they see a letter, but not if the same letter was presented immediately
before.  There are 120 trials/block, and I would like participants to either
hear the sound of an infant crying starting at the 60th trial (so half-way
through the task) and ending with the final trial, or starting at the
beginning of a block but ending at the 60th trial.

How can I integrate this 1.5-2 minute sound file into the E-Prime task so
that it turns on and off at the correct time?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we¹ve really struggled with this!

Thanks,
Lauren Killeen