Synchronizing with Trigger Signal from MRI Scanner

Hilke Plassmann hilkep at stanford.edu
Thu May 11 15:10:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a question concerning the use of e-prime for fMRI experiments.
I would like to synchronize the ImageDisplay Onset with the trigger
signal from the scanner. This signal is send via a response box I'm
using and is coded as a '5'. That means that every 2secs (TR=2secs)
the scanner sends a '5' to the PC in the control room which can
theoretically be detected by E-Prime. Does anybody know how to tell
Eprime to use the Trigger Signal to start the Image Display Onset? Or
to use the signal to adjust the timing of the Eprime task? Many
thanks for your help.

Hilke