alphanumeric .bmp files

Brandon Cernicky brandon_cernicky at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 16:12:03 UTC 2006

Hi Jodene,

As the other replies mentioned, you should not have
any troubles with any ASCII character that can legally
be used as a filename in Windows Explorer being in the
filename.  Here are some suggestions that might help:

1) If you are specifying a path/folder, use / forward
slash instead of \ backslash since characters such as
\n would represent a new line.  For example
images\Nonsense.bmp may not generate properly.
2) Ensure there are no spaces or other characters in
the List cell.
3) If you start a new experiment, drop an image
display down and point directly to the file, does it
show up?
4) Ensure that your entire path from the C:.... to the
.bmp does not exceed 260 characters.

-Brandon

> I've got more than 200 .bmp files I'm delivering >
with e-prime. They are
> named s01.bmp, s02.bmp, and so on. E-prime seems to
> gag when the name
> contains a numeric, sending an "invalid file" >
message. I renamed some of the
> files to be a.bmp, b.bmp and they loaded fine. I >
really would like to keep
> my numbering scheme because they are coded to tell >
me what is in the image