changing text while video plays on a slide in Eprime v2

philippe goldin pgoldin at stanford.edu
Sat Apr 21 17:56:29 UTC 2007

Greetings Eprime community:

We are using Eprime version 2 to show a video clip of 12s duration on a
slide that also contains a rating scale below the video object.  Thus, we
used a slide with tow objects: a movie object and a text object.

We want to regularly update and change the text every 500ms using a loop
syntax without interrupting the 12s video clip.  In other words, on a
single slide, how can we refresh the text object every 500ms while letting
the 12s video clip continue to play? The goal is to be able to collect
continuous ratings (using the text refresh procedure where position
indicates a rating on a scale) while subjects view a video clip.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance for helping us figure this out.

philippe

Philippe Goldin, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
Stanford University
Jordan Hall, Bldg. 420, Room 126
Stanford, CA 94305

Tel: 650-723-5977
Fax: 650-725-5699
E-mail: pgoldin at stanford.edu
website: Clinically Applied Affective Neuroscience
http://www-psych.stanford.edu/~caan/