Triggering Magstim Rapid with a PCMCIA card

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri Feb 9 15:51:52 UTC 2007

Hi David and List,

    Thanks for the info David (and Yan).  Yup, upon reading the
documentation for the NI-DAQ PCMCIA card, it looks like it's quite
straight-forward to write to the port. My only concern is that they
mention that before writing to the card, the card must be activated
using Card Services ... and they give precious little detail on how this
might be done outside of their LabView environment.

    I rummaged through the archives and noticed that in June/2006,
Brandon Cernicky polled users on their experiences using DAQ cards.
Brandon, did you get any responses? Should I expect any problems
activating the DAQCard-DIO-24 under E-Prime? How would one generally go
about this? Any information would be very helpful.

    Finally, I also noticed that Brandon mentioned that the Quatech
SPP-100 PCMCIA parallel port adapter was the only one shown to work
correctly under E-Prime. Is this still the case? Is anyone using a
different parallel port adapter with E-Prime successfully? Is the
Quatech device reliable?

Thanks for the feedback.

-Jim