E prime 2.0 and windows x64

MMA maheen.adamson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 03:21:59 UTC 2008

Hello
new in this group. Quick question:
can I run Eprime 2.0 on a windows x64 machine? I am getting this error
after I have installed directx and microsoft framework for x64:
Run-time Error (Line 2488) 10051: An error occurred while attempting
to open the device

Device Name: Sound
Error: 0x00000385
Message: 'Unable to create the DirectX object: 0x88780078'

Please let me know. I have had major issues wiht runnin gon a m70
dell. I run an fmri expt with movies displayed randomly (each is about
45 sec long). expt is about 15 mins.

thank you
MMA