Script for redoing a trial up to 16 times or untill response

Julia Gomez gomez.julia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 00:12:16 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

Could anyone help with the following script? I am doing a interrupted visual
search task. I am presenting a screen with the stimuli array for the search
task followed by another screen with a blank screen. Once a trial has
started I would like this trial to repeat (i.e stimuli array and white
screen over and over) until a maximum of 16 times or  until the participant
responds. I created the following script but is giving me an error. I am not
familiar writing scripts in eprime.

Dim count as string

count=0

While count<17 ' *I need to repeat a trial up to 16 times or until response*
   If StimuliArray.RESP = " " Then ' *I am not sure how to tell eprime if
there is no response. *
       Goto ShowStimAgain ' *this is a label that I inserted after the
fixation cross*
   End If
count = count +1
End