E-Basic and E-Run in E-Prime 2.0

Matt Lenhart matt.lenhart at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:09:11 UTC 2008

Hello,

The E-Run 2.0 interface will offer the ability to run experiments from
a dialog graphical user interface.  Editing the contents of the script
generated by E-Studio is no longer possible due to enhancements to the
E-Prime system as well as protecting experiment replication and
industrial partner intellectual property.  Most scenarios where
directly editing the E-Basic script will be able to be accomplished in
E-Prime 2.0 Professional using Package files and the facilities via
the StartupInfo manager, which permits loading properties into the
Context from external files which can override a number of experiment
settings such as display resolution, subject number, etc.  Support for
a Package file editor will be available in a forthcoming build. Formal
announcements will be made on the PST User Forum (http://
support.pstnet.com/forum).

- Matt Lenhart
PST Technical Consultant